Membership / Insurance
Each individual adult and youth membership comes with automatic insurance and options to purchase add-on insurance products. Member insurance is provided by Acera Insurance.
Each individual membership includes the following automatic insurance:
Optional Add-On Insurance Products
The following insurance products can be added to any individual membership at time of purchase, or added throughout the year.
- Enhanced Accidental Death & Dismemberment ($75,000 principle sum, includes limited fracture and dental benefits)
- Equine Emergency Life Saving Surgery (includes Members Named Perils)
- Members Named Perils (coverage for your own horse(s) in case of death from one of the perils named in the policy)
- Members Tack Limit $10,000 any one occurrence / $10,000 any one membership per policy period
- Weekly Accident Indemnity (includes an AD&D policy)
To purchase additional Add-On Insurance, please access your membership through mymembers.ca
The Important Stuff
Insurance coverage included and/or available as an option with an AEF membership is provided through Acera Insurance Services Ltd. Any and all enquiries related to insurance MUST BE directed to Acera at 1-800-670-1877 (equine department). AEF is not licensed to sell or provide counsel on insurance coverage.
We are unable to upgrade or make changes to memberships after purchase, select your membership carefully. Please call us if you are not sure which membership is right for you at 403-253-4411 or 1-877-463-6233.
The member liability coverage that is included with a membership is only available for non-Canadian residents while participating at an AEF sanctioned event or at an AEF club member event. Enquiries must be directed to Acera at 1-800-670-1877.
Quebec Residents: Please contact Cheval Quebec for your membership/insurance needs.