Base cost: $78.75
Club membership is available to any structured equine organizations/groups of a not-for-profit or charitable status that operates on a local, provincial, or national scope and is available in a one-year term.
- Annual membership is $78.75 (includes GST) and expires December 31, 2023.
- To purchase club membership, please submit this application.
There are numerous benefits offered to clubs that choose this membership option.
Having an event? Request AEF donations and swag here.
Available to club members for clinics and events that assist their members with professional or educational development, club board member educational development, or club facility improvements.
There are two application periods for funding.
- Applications are accepted between January 1 and April 30 of each year; successful applicants will be notified by May 31.
- Applications are accepted between June 1 and September 30 of each year; successful applicants will be notified by October 31.
Apply for club funding through our Club Funding Application.
Many clubs require their members to have an AEF membership; often the Club Directors and Officials Liability Policy requires their members to have an AEF membership. Either way, if your club requires AEF membership, you can request access to membership verification and we will make it available by the click of your mouse.
By being a club member, you have the opportunity to offer a temporary AEF membership to those wanting to participate in a single day event. For example, if you are hosting a one-day trail ride, and someone wants to participate for that day only, you can offer them a temporary membership at a reduced cost (not valid for competition).
Advertising & Discounts
Many visitors come to our website and view the Alberta Bits magazine looking for a club to get involved with. Your club membership comes with a free listing in our Community Directory and in each issue of Alberta Bits magazine. If you would like to run a larger ad in Alberta Bits, member clubs receive 30 per cent off regular advertising rates!
- Access to affordable insurance rates from Acera Insurance Services
- Access to posting your club events on our calendar of events
- Application: request for donations
Club Referral Credits
Refer brand new members to the AEF and receive a credit of $5 per referral. Credits go toward the cost of the next calendar year’s membership.
To receive referral credits, the new member must submit your club name along with your AEF membership number when signing up.
This is a great way to get a free membership!