The EC NCCP certification is like a diploma; after successfully passing the evaluation, the coach is certified for life. However, to keep their active status, instructors and coaches are required to:
- Submit professional development (PD) points and
- have an issued Coach Status to keep their certification current and be recognized by EC and AEF.
The NCCP system requires instructors and coaches to submit their PD points on a five-year cycle according to their context:
- Instructor: 10 points
- Competition Coach: 20 points
- Competition Coach Specialist: 20 points
- Competition Development (HP1): 30 points
Instructors/coaches are responsible for entering their first aid and active coaching points themselves. Presentation on how to do it coming soon.
Follow these steps to check out how many points you have.
Check this presentation on how to complete PD points and when to submit the Coach Update Form.
Not sure how to self-report PD points? Check this.