The AEF Board of Directors, with support from legal counsel, proposed bylaw changes that were subsequently approved and passed by special resolution of the AEF membership at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) on March 16, 2023.
After submission to Alberta Corporate Registries, it was requested that the following changes also be made to align with the Alberta Societies Act.
- The name be updated to ‘The Alberta Equestrian Federation Society.’
- Remuneration updated to read, ‘Directors and Officers.’
- The provision for the society’s financial statements to read, ‘The Treasurer shall ensure submission to the Annual General Meeting, Financial Statements duly audited of the financial position of the society, for approval by the membership.’
These amendments are being proposed, and the following two amendments have also been included:
- The term of membership clarified to read, ‘annually.’
- The provision to allow for newly elected directors to be announced at the AGM.
Proposed amendments showing tracked changes.
Proposed amendments, clean copy.
As per the current bylaws, all eligible Individual adult members, club members, and business members are entitled to vote. No less than 75 per cent of eligible voting members who voted, or are present in person or electronically, must be in favor of the bylaw changes for the motion to carry.
The Special General Meeting (SGM) will be held via Zoom on Thursday, Nov. 16, 2023 commencing at 6:30 pm and ending at 7 pm. Electronic voting will be open on Oct. 24, 2023 and will close on Thursday, Nov. 16, 2023 at 6:45 pm. In order to vote, you must be a member 18 years of age or older as of Nov. 16, 2023. All eligible voting members will receive an email on Oct. 24, 2023 with instructions on how to cast your vote.
All members are invited to attend; registration is required. Register now to attend the SGM. Eligible voting members who vote electronically prior to the meeting are not able to cast a second vote during the meeting. We hope to see you at the SGM.
Thank you for taking the time to share your voice.